Data file description for Rune & Berg Design Oy’s marketing and customer register
Data file description under the Finnish personal data legislation (in particular, Sections 10 and 24 of the Personal Data Act, 523/1999). The data file description specifies how Rune & Berg Design Oy processes personal data.
We reserve the right to update this data file description, as needed. For this reason, we kindly ask you to read this description from time to time, because we develop our website actively.
Last updated on 5 November 2020.
Rune & Berg Design Oy, Töölönkatu 38 A, 00260 Helsinki, +358 40 0263139
2. Contact person responsible for data file matters
Rune & Berg Design Oy
Töölönkatu 38 A
Sini.Ala-Nikula (at) rbdesign.fi
+358 40 0263139
3. Name of the data file
Rune & Berg Design Oy’s marketing and customer register
4. Purpose of the data file
The purpose of the data file is to maintain Rune & Berg Design Oy’s marketing and customer register. The purposes of processing personal data are Rune & Berg Design Oy’s customer communications, customer relationship management, marketing, administration, development, analytics, providing and customising services, and business development and planning. The personal data is processed within the limits permitted and required under the Personal Data Act.
5. Content of the data file
The register can contain the following data on the user:
- First and last name
- Contact information (e-mail address, phone number)
- Company name
- Title or profession
- Indication of marketing ban
- Information on the use of digital content, such as newsletter subscriptions, technical data sent from the data subject’s browser to the controller’s server, including browser and browser version, IP address and cookie preferences
- Marketing and sales promotion data, such as marketing measures targeted at the data subject.
- Information on the data subject’s actions on the rbdesign.fi website, such as clicking links, filling in forms and opening webpages
- Customer feedback data
- Order, invoice and delivery data
- Other data that is collected with the client’s consent
6. Regular sources of data
The personal data is collected from the data subjects, the controller’s customer information system, the information collected via the website, publicly available online sources, and possible other public sources.
7. Regular disclosure of data
Rune & Berg Design Oy does not disclose, sell or rent personal data to external parties. For technical data processing reasons, some of the data might be physically located on the servers or equipment of external subcontractors, and these may be located outside of the EU or the EEC.
8. Data file protection principles
The data is stored in technically protected information systems. The servers are located in locked and controlled premises. Only the company’s employees have access to the information stored in the data file, subject to the privileges granted by the controller, and access to the system requires entering a password and a username. In addition, the employees are bound by an obligation of secrecy and confidentiality.
9. Right of inspection and rectification
Under the Personal Data Act, the data subject has the right to inspect their personal data that has been stored in the data file. We make the necessary changes to the data and delete any inaccurate, unnecessary, insufficient or outdated data at the data subject’s request. Data subjects may request the inspection and updating of their data by sending a written, signed request to the contact person for data file matters.
In addition, data subjects also have the right to refuse the processing and disclosure of their personal data for direct marketing purposes by contacting our contact person.